Kingdom of Agnarum
The Kingdom of Agnarum, commonly called Agnarum, (in Dwarven; Thrummazos ur Agnarum) is the dwarven nation formed after the Kingdom of Bogrin merged with the Confederation of Hammers to create a better home for their dwarven kin. Following in the footsteps of the Grand Kingdom of Urguan Agnarum is a home for all dwarves that adheres to the Dwarven Spirit and the Brathmordakin Religion.
The Kingdom of Agnarum's name has a double meaning; with Agnarrum meaning Mountains and Agnarumm meaning Mountain's Folk.
After the splintering of the Dwarven race during the War of the Beards The Dwarves were scattered to different lesser nations. Among these nations were the Confederation of Hammers and the Kingdom of Bogrin. These two dwarven nations saw the need for unity among their kin after fighting against the September Prince from the lands nearby Kal'Bogrin. Thus they formed together to create the Kingdom of Agnarum.
Before the founding of Agnarum, the dwarves were splintered across numerous different groups and nations following the fall of the Grand Kingdom of Urguan. While the Kingdom of Kaz'Ulrah became the largest, many dwarves were dissatisfied with their ways, and practice of kinslaying. The Confederation of Hammers was eventually founded with the idea of being an equal council of dwarves that could prevent a tyrant from gaining power. Due to their challenging of Kaz'Ulrah's overlordship of the dwarves they attacked the capital, Azgaryum numerous times, though never successfully. The threat increased however, when Kaz'Ulrah brought the Kingdom of Renatus-Marna to their side against the Confederation, and the human allies in Whitepeak also abandoned the Confederation for Renatus. This caused the Confederation of Hammers to collapse, with many such as the Silvervein clan abandoning it for Kaz'Ulrah. Some remained in the Confederation, though it faded out from dwarven politics.
Years later, the Grandaxe clan being disunited between Kaz'Ulrah and Holm(A dwarven-run republic home to many races) decided to abandon both and found the Kingdom of Bogrin named after the first Grandaxe. This caused outrage in Kaz'Ulrah, though the situation never escalated to direct hostility. The Kingdom was founded to be a "third path" for the dwarves, and to show that if unity among the Grandaxes can be reclaimed, the same can be done for the dwarves. The September Prince, an evil being aiming to destroy cities across Atlas destroyed the city of the High Elves, position just northeast of Bogrin. The Grandaxes, now joined by the Ireheart clan launched an offensive to repel the Prince from the area. Before the battle began, remaining dwarves from the Confederation of Hammers arrived to help, and the offensive was successful. Seeing what they could do together; Bogrin and the Confederation began to think of merging as one.
Azgaryum, the capital of the Confederation of Hammers was destroyed in an attack by ratmen from the cavern depths. In retaliation the Dwarves of the Confederation, along with a force from Bogrin pushed into the caverns below and found a large cavern with a ruined city inside it. With Azgaryum gone, the Confederation chose the ruined city, named Kaz'ad Barakir as their new capital and announced a resurgent Confederation of Hammers. Because of this the Silvervein clan returned, along with many of the Starbreaker and Stormfist Clan. Seeing so many of their kin move into Kaz'ad Barakir, the Grandaxes and Irehearts living in Bogrin merged with the Confederation and founded the Council of Agnarum. With the merge, Agnarum became the largest nation of dwarves and the new center of dwarven culture, politics, and influence.
While dwarven culture prospered in Agnarum, little was done to reform the government, military, guilds, as well as repairing the city. To this effect, The Articles of Agnarum were written, and Fimlin Grandaxe was unanimously elected to be the First King of Agnarum. Due to the burning the schematics to repair Kaz'ad Barakir, a new city was constructed in the same cavern and named Kal'Azgaryum, after the original city.
While those who live in the Kingdom of Agnarum reside in Kal'Azgaryum, but holds control over the outlying settlements founded by the dwarven nations that formed it.
- Kal'Azgaryum Originally known simply as Azgaryum, it was the capital of the Confederation of Hammers until its destruction. In its wake it was rebuilt and given the Kal' prefix after denoting it the capital. The original Azgaryum was constructed by the Metalfists, Silverveins and Hammerforges while the rebuilt city was designed by the architect Fimlin Grandaxe.
- Kal'Bogrin A small hold founded by the Grandaxe clan used to be the seat of the Kingdom of Bogrin until the formation of Agnarum.
- Hefruth Narvak A village founded by the Cottonwood clan it was formed during the time of the Confederation under Boldrumir Cottonwood now used as a base of operation for the Forest Dwarf
- Bailestrun A village founded by two friends, Civ Stormfist and Kanto Stormfist the village was once under the Silvervein clan during the time of the Confederation of Hammers, when the Silverveins left the Confederation Bailestrun became independent, soon after the founders suddenly left without a trace, the village itself has swapped hands many times over the years of the original founders disappearance, Before Egoi Stormfist retook the village transforming the ruin into a village for his clan.
- The Shrine of Anbella A small shrine located above Kal'Azgarym mountain, The shrine itself is not under the influence of the Kingdom of Agnarum but instead home to the peaceful Treebeards under the leadership of Ozneat Treebeard, the shrine itself holds religious value to the clan and its common knowledge that the clan will fight to defend the shrine. The shrine follows only the laws of the The Brathmordakin it will also follow the King of Agnarum as well, for a dwarven King chosen by dwarves, to lead dwarves is above the common dwarves which is one of the teachings of the The Brathmordakin.
Agnarum's culture comes from the collective culture of the clans that inhabit it. Many of the inhabitants are warriors or craftsdwed, with the Dwarven Legion being very prominent in daily dwarven life. At its core the dwarves of Agnarum have a firm belief that kinslaying of other dwarves is wrong, and thus have a strong dislike of the Frostbeard and Ironborn clans. Agnarum also holds true to the dwarven traditions that shaped the dwarves, as well as the Brathmordakin Religion of the dwarves,
"Narvak oz Agnarum!, Narvak oz Dwedmar!" meaning "Glory to Agnarum!, Glory to the dwarves!" is a common phrase used to praise the Kingdom and the dwarves.
Silvervein: A prosperous clan of mountain and cave dwarves, with mainly being Mountain Dwarves. The Silverveins cover a wide range of professions and vocations. Ultimately they are known to be skilled miners and warriors. This clan is one of the founders of the Confederation of Hammers.
Grandaxe: An influential clan of mountain dwarves that has stood the test of time. Grandaxes are known to be noble warriors; equally skilled in both battle and politics. Most Grandaxes are distinguishable by their fiery hair, though not all of them carry this trait. Above all else, Grandaxes adhere to a code of honor and hold the rest of their kin in high regard.
Ireheart: An elder clan known to be ferocious warriors that fear little on the battle field. Irehearts are a mountain dwarf clan, though their physical features tend to be variant they are differentiated by their numerous tattoos.
Metalfist: A clan born from within the chaos of the dissolving of the first Confederation of Hammers. Gimli Metalfist, clan founder, created the clan under the name of his father's company and nickname; "Metalfist."The clan was on creation founded by Dwedmar of Steelheart culture. The Dwedmar of the 'Spoils of War'. The clan in current days focusses more on refining their craftsmanship, though keeping their military traditions as Steelhearts high and praised.
Hammerforge: A clan that consists mostly of blacksmiths founded by Grilthram Hammerforge, the first Runesmith of his clan. This clan is young but influential and the founders of the Confederation of Hammers.
Emberhorn: A clan of Mountain Dwarves known to be formidable fighters despite their smaller numbers. They are also distinguished by their ability to ride rams into combat.
Starbreaker: A Elder clan of Cave Dwarves mostly comprised of smiths, miners and Golemancers. They are known for their scholar pursuits and their smithing ability, capable of creating weapons and armor of masterful skill.