The capital of the Kingdom of Haense, Markev acts as the epicenter of administrative and diplomatic affairs of the kingdom, and is populated by Northerners and Highlanders of all descent. The city is the seat of the House of Barbanov, who reside in palace of Krepost in the easternmost district of the city. The city is a paramount site of acitivity within the Kingdom of Haense, and is the most frequented settlement of any in the nation.
Notable Figures of Markev
- Robert I, King of Haense
- Robert Sigismund, Chancellor of Haense
- Rhys var Ruthern, Marshal of Haense
- Hans de Ruyter, Knight Paramount of Haense
- Otto II, King of Haense (1624-1644)
- Otto III, King of Haense (1644-1657)
- Karl II, King of Haense (1660-1668)
- Franz Barbanov, King of Haense (1668)
- Karolus, Regent of Haense (1668-1669)
- Sigmar I, King of Haense (1670-1682)
The Krepost is the palace of the ruling family of Haense situated on the eastern wall of the city of Markev and overlooking the Czena River.